Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year... New Adventures

     A friend of mine has recently started a blog that is designed to encourage and empower young ladies in Christ. Check it out, its called Strong + Sweet and has already been a great encouragement to me.

     Today I started my internship that will lead to the completion of my degree and graduation in May! This is an exciting time, but it is also a time of nerves and uncertainty. I have no idea what May will hold for me or where God is going to take me within the next few months but I have been thinking about what God is placing on my heart for this New Year. This is something that I can do no matter where I end up after graduation because it comes right from God's Word.
"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the day drawing near." - Hebrews 10:24-25
     I have been prayerfully considering this upcoming year and asking God to show me how He wants to use me. This is what the Holy Spirit has been teaching me the past few days: be intentional with relationships. To me this means more than just making time to spend with family and friends. This means seeking out those around me who need to be encouraged by the gospel, people who need prayer, or people who just need a hug. 

     I want to be intentional in the relationships that I have and in relationships I form with those God will bring into my life in the next few weeks or months. I want to do this the time I spend with others is done is such a way that we are both being drawn closer to Christ.

     My time here in Lock Haven may be coming to an end but I'm sure gonna be using as much of it as I can for the advancement of the Kingdom. I interact with a lot of people on a daily basis; if I am intentional in those relationships I will have a ton of opportunities to share the gospel and to encourage + empower my Christian friends.

     Pray about how God is going to use you in this upcoming year. Welcome 2014, and as they say in Zimbabwe.... PARTY VIBES. Its going to be a great year. 
"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another" - Proverbs 27:17
Highlight of 2013 was these precious kiddos and the chance I got to meet them and spend my summer in Zim.

- Amanda 

1 comment:

  1. Can't get over how good this post is. :) I love how you write!

    ReplyDelete